Zambia Visa from NigeriaLottery: In this article, we will mentor you on Zambia visa requirements as well as how to apply for a Zambia visa from Nigeria.
In 2005, the Republic of Zambia’s Ministry of Home Affairs debuted the electronic visa online application. As a result, Nigerians who wish to apply for a Zambian visa may do so not only through the Zambian embassy in Nigeria, but also online after providing the necessary information, papers, and payment.
The Republic of Zambia is an African republic located in the continent’s south-central region. The Democratic Republic of the Congo borders Zambia to the north, Zimbabwe and Botswana to the south, Malawi to the east, Tanzania to the north-east, Namibia to the south–west, and Angola to the west. Lusaka is Zambia‘s capital city.
- How to Apply for Turkey Visa | Latest Turkey Visa
- How to Study in Canada Without IELTS | Latest Guide to Study in Canada
- Morocco Visa Requirements – How To Apply
- United Kingdom Visa Lottery 2022 Application Form | UK Visa Lottery and How to Apply
Zambia Visa Requirements for Nigeria Citizens
Because there are two ways to apply for a Zambian visa (through the Zambian embassy in Nigeria and via the Zambia e–visa system), we will focus on how to apply for a Zambian visa via the e-visa website. Typically, we will respond to the following commonly asked question: How can I apply for a visa to Zambia online?
Documents Required for Zambia Visa Online
- A soft copy of your passport photograph. This photo should be taken at least, within the last 6 months.
- A scanned copy of the biodata page of your international passport. Your international passport should be valid for at least 6 months after you are back from Zambia. Say for example, if you are due to come back from the Republic of Zambia on the 17th of January 2022 your international passport should have more valid days at least up till June 2022.
- A proof that you have accommodation in Zambia (Hotel reservation).
- A proof that you have a confirmed airline ticket or verifiable reservation.
- Cover Letter – This is a letter that contains; who you are, why you want to make a trip to Zambia, when you intend to travel, how long you intend to stay in Zambia, and where you will be staying when you are in Zambia.
- Invitation Letter – An invitation letter applies to you if you are being invited by a friend, business partner, or an organization in Zambia.
- Business Registration of Inviting Company – If you are being invited to Zambia by a business organization, you will need to present the business registration of the inviting company in Zambia.
Information Needed for Zambia Online
In order to obtain a Zambia e-visa, you must enter the following information about yourself and your travel into the Zambia e-visa web platform.
- Full name (First Name, Surname, Other name)
- Date of Birth
- Country of Birth
- Place of Birth
- International Passport Number
- Place of Issue
- Date of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- Email (Send notification via email)
- Expected date of entry into Zambia
- Expected date of departure from Zambia
- Purpose of visa
- Visa type
- Address of your destination in Zambia
- The information and address of your host in Zambia if you have one.
- The information of child or children if you are traveling with them.
- Upload all the supporting documents – Certified copy of valid passport (JPEG format), covering letter from you to the Director-General of Immigration (PDF format), passport photo (JPEG format), Airline return ticket (PDF format), Hotel booking (PDF format).
How to Apply for the Zambia Visa Online
- First, you must visit the Zambia e-visa website.
- As a new visa applicant, create a profile/account for yourself.
- Go to your email and verify and confirm your account by clicking on the link provided in the email.
- Follow the click to go back to the e-visa portal to fill in your personal information, travel plans and make payment.
- Submit your application
- After you have paid and filed your online application, the Zambian immigration service will make a decision on your visa application and send you an email with a visa acceptance letter.
- You must print out the visa permission letter before traveling to Zambia because immigration agents will review and verify your approval letter before awarding you a sticker visa stamp at the port of entry in Zambia. Furthermore, if you do not have the e-visa acceptance letter, the foreign airline may refuse to board you.
- If you do not finish your e-visa application within 48 hours, the system will erase it. As a result, when you are ready, you must launch a new application.
- You may extend your visa in Zambia if you wish to spend a longer time there.
How much is the visa from Nigeria to Zambia?
The visa fees for the various Zambia visa kinds are shown below.
|Type of Visa||Amount ($)|
|Single Entry Visa||50|
|Double Entry Visa||80|
|Multiple Entry Visa||150|
|Transit Entry Visa||50|
|Kaza Entry Visa||50|
Types of Zambia Visas
Visa approval letter holders must enter Zambia within 90 days after the date of approval, which is specified on the permission letter.
DIPLOMATIC – For diplomats with diplomatic passports coming to Zambia
ORDINARY VISAS – For visitors coming for a mere visit to Zambia
- Single Entry – With this visa, you can stay in Zambia for a period of 90 days from the date of entry in Zambia.
- Double Entry – With this visa, you can visit Zambia up to 2 times during the 90 days from the date of your first entry into the country.
- Multiple Entry – With this visa, you can visit Zambia an unlimited number of times during 90 days from the date of your first entry into the country.
BUSINESS VISA – For visitors coming to do business in Zambia
- Single Entry – With this visa, you can stay in Zambia for a period of 30 days from the date of entry in Zambia.
- Double Entry – With this visa, you can visit Zambia up to 2 times for 30 days since the initial date of your first entry into the country. You should not spend more than 30 days in Zambia.
- Multiple Entry – With this visa, you can visit Zambia as many times as possible during the 30 days since the initial date of your first entry into the country. You should not spend more than 30 days in Zambia.
Transit visas are issued to foreigners who want visas to enter Zambia and are traveling using road transport. This visa is valid for a period of 7 days. Within 7 days, the visa applicant is allowed to enter and leave Zambia at will.
TOURIST VISA (KAZA) – A tourist and Kaza Visa is for tourists coming to visit Zambia.
The KAZA UNIVISA allows you to get one visa to visit both Zambia and Zimbabwe as many times as possible. Thi visa is valid for up to 30 days as long as you remain within Zambia and Zimbabwe. It also covers those tourists who visit Botswana for day trips through Kazungula Borders.
For this type of visa (KAZA) you can only arrive in Zambia through the following ports:
- Harry Mwanga Nkhumbula International Airport
- Kenneth Kaunda International Airport
- Victoria Falls Borders
Frequently Asked Questions About Zambia Visa
How long does it take to get a Zambian visa?
The Zambian visa takes 3 to 5 business days to process.
Can someone travel from Nigeria to Zambia by road?
Yes, you may drive from Nigeria to Zambia. If your journey begins in Lagos, you should arrive in Lusaka, Zambia’s capital city, in 79 hours and 50 minutes.
How much is a flight ticket from Nigeria to Zambia?
The cost of a plane ticket from Nigeria to Zambia is between N250,000.00 and N300,000.00.