How to Apply for a Kenyan Visa | Kenya Visa Requirements & Guidelines: Kenya is frequently regarded as a wonderful African country with many attractive towns and beaches to explore. Many Nigerians visit Kenya for study, while others visit to sightsee, visit relatives, find a new job, start a new life, or simply enjoy the scenery.
Kenya is an East African country with an Indian Ocean coastline. Savannah, Lakelands, the spectacular Great Rift Valley, and alpine highlands are also part of it. If you’re seeking African tourist attractions, Kenya is home to lions, elephants, and rhinoceros. Nigeria is not one of the African nations that do not require a visa to visit Kenya; nonetheless, any Nigerian applicant is expected to acquire a visa to visit Kenya.
Classes of Kenyan Visas Available to Nigerians
Nigerians can apply for a variety of Kenyan visas, including the following:
- Single Entry/ Ordinary visa: Nigerians visiting Kenya for a short length of time, mostly to visit family, business, medical treatment, or holiday/tourism, are eligible for a single entrance or single trip visa. The ordinary or short stay single travel visa is valid for three (3) months. If you have stayed more than three months on a single entry visa, you must seek another visa in the capital’s immigration center (Nairobi).
- Courtesy Visa: As a courtesy, travelers traveling to Kenya are given a passport. Individuals traveling to Kenya for official business may also be granted one. Individuals traveling via Kenya (in transit) to another country for official responsibilities are also granted a courtesy visa.
- Transit Visa: Applicants who are passing through Kenya on their way to another country can apply for this type of visa. The visa is termed a transit visa since the holders are simply traveling through and do not permanently stay in Kenya. The validity of a transit visa is three (3) days.
- Multiple Journeys/ Multiple Entry Visa: This is the sort of visa necessary for people who want to visit Kenya several times in a short period of time. Such candidates often travel in and out of Kenya for various reasons, including business. A multiple travel visa has a validity term of six (6) to twelve (12) months.
- Official /Service visa: Individuals with service passports who are traveling to Kenya for official purposes are granted this type of visa.
- Diplomatic Visa: This is the sort of visa necessary for diplomatic personnel (those with diplomatic passports) who wish to visit Kenya on official business. Diplomats and diplomatic officers, service passport holders, and a variety of other relevant government officials are all granted diplomatic visas.
Document Required for Kenyan Visa Application
Here is the greatest crucial phase in the visa application process. If you finish the visa application procedure just to find out at the point of entry that you are not qualified to relocate to Kenya, it would be a complete waste of time and potentially money. To be qualified to visit Kenya, several requirements must be satisfied, and some papers. The following are the details:
- You must have a valid international passport (preferably one that is less than six months old and includes an extra page where your visa may be stamped or approved).
- Form 22 is the visa application form that must be filled out entirely and properly.
- Your valid Nigerian passport (original and photocopy) demonstrating your travel history, bio-data page,
- passport number, and photo.
- Two similar passport photos the was taken recently
- You must provide documentation of yellow fever and cholera immunization that has been endorsed by an appropriate medical practitioner.
- Photographs of your family and, if appropriate, marriage certificates
- A letter of introduction that includes important details including your physical address, mailing address, and phone numbers.
- You may check for more necessary papers by clicking here, and make sure you have them all ready.
How to Apply for a Kenyan Visa in Nigeria: A Step-by-Step Guide
As long as you satisfy all of the requirements and have all of the relevant documentation, applying for a Kenyan visa is a pretty simple procedure. It’s a simple procedure that you can complete on your own. All you have to do is be cautious and follow the directions to the letter.
You may choose to seek assistance from visa centers, but if you want to do it yourself (which I encourage), fear not: this post will teach you all you need to know and do. Without having to visit an embassy or consulate, the visa application procedure for Kenya may be completed entirely online. The fundamental stages are as follows:
The following steps can be taken to get a Kenya visa for Nigeria:
- To begin, go to the Kenya Immigration Portal.
- Make a user account.
- Select e-Visa for Visitors from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, double-check your registration and begin a fresh application.