Jamb Literature Novels for 2022/2023 CBT Exam: This is to notify all applicants interested in applying for the 2022 UTME that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has announced a change in the reading texts for courses such as Literature in English, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, and Arabic.
These modifications would be implemented beginning with the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). This implies that in the 2022 JAMB exam, applicants will be given questions from this literature. Candidates are encouraged to obtain these texts and begin preparing for the 2022 UTME.
The newly introduced texts are highlighted below for emphasis.
- How To Answer JAMB Questions 2022 Correctly | Easy Steps
- 12 Reasons You May fail JAMB 2022/2023 UTME | Read And Avoid Them
- JAMB Cut Off Mark 2022/2023 For All Universities, Polytechnics In Nigeria
- JAMB Subject Combinations 2022 for all Courses
- Jamb Registration Portal 2022/2023 | How to Apply for Jamb Form
- JAMB Reprint 2022 | How to Reprint JAMB Exam Slip
- How to Print Original JAMB Result Slip | JAMB Result Printing 2022
- How to Check Your Name on JAMB Matriculation List Portal 2022
- How to Upload Your O’Level Result On JAMB Portal 2022/2023
- JAMB Result 2022 | How to Check JAMB Post UTME Results for 2022 in just minutes
JAMB New Reading texts for Literature-in-English, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, and Arabic
ARABIC Reading Texts
- The Nigerian Arabic Poems ; a case study between the old and the new, by Abdulwahab Dan Ladi Shith
- Diwaanur Riyardh : A collection of Arabic Poems, by Dr. Isah Alabi Abubakar
- The Prospect Of Arabic Language in Nigeria, by Murtadh Badamasi
- A Selection of Pulpit Councelling, by Adam Abdullahi Al-Ilory
- Why The Anger On Us. A literature text , by Muhammad Salisu Mai Ango
- The perfection/Adornment of Pages ; A book of poems, by Abdullahi Bin Fodio
HAUSA Reading Texts
- Prose (zube) Turmin Danya
- Poetry (waka) Wakokin Hausa
- Drama (wasan kwaikwayo) Abin Da Kamar Wuya
IGBO Reading Texts
- Prose(iduuazi) Chinedu Ofomata (2009). . Enugu: Format Publishing LTD.
- Poetry (Abu) Nolue Emenanjo. . Onitisha: Evans Brothers.
- Drama (Ejije) Odunke Artists (1981). . Ibadan: U.P.L.
LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH Reading texts
- Lion and the Jewel by Wole Soyinka
- Look Back in Anger by John Osborne.
- Second Class Citizen by Buchi Emecheta.
- Unexpected Joy at Dawn by Alex Agyei Agyiri.
- Wuthering Heights by Emile Bronte.
YORUBA Reading Texts
- Akojopo Alo Ijapa Apa Kin-in-ni by Adeboye Babalola (University Press Plc,Ibadan)
- Awon Oriki Orile Metadinlogbon by Adeboye Babalola (Learn African Plc, Lagos).
- Moremi Ajasoro by Debo Awe (Elyon Publishers, Ilesa).
- Oro Enu Akewi by Ayomide Akanji (Genius Books Publishers, Ibadan).
- Nitori Owo by Akinwumi Isola (Sumob Publishers, Osogbo).
JAMB Recommended Literature Novel 2022
“The Life Changer” by Khadija Abubakar Jalli is the novel that all candidates participating in the 2022 JAMB UTME, regardless of the degree of study, are advised to read.
Since JAMB began using novels in the Use of English tests, questions have been based on the required books. You might be wondering how many questions are set from the suggested literature. Each year, 15 to 35 questions from the required novel (s) are set. To be honest, these should be considered bonus points for you as a candidate.
It should improve your JAMB score and raise your chances of being admitted to your preferred institution for the upcoming academic year. NOTICE: The book will be purchased for an extra N500.00 (five hundred naira).
Which of the Novel is JAMB Using for the 2022 CBT Exam?
Candidates will be examined on any of these novels in the JAMB Use of English exam, according to JAMB’s rules. In other words, JAMB might choose any novel as the suggested obligatory novel for 2022. This includes the ones from the previous year.
Use of English is required of all applicants, regardless of their program or subject combination.
It is necessary to be up to date on the JAMB Novel from the previous year. JAMB is notorious for repeating books every three years, however, for the 2022/2023 Use of English Examination, the novel was changed to “The Life Changer” by Khadija Abubakar Jalli. Jamb, as previously said, utilizes Novel two or three times before considering introducing a new one. For the Use of English tests in 2022, the Life Changer was introduced.
A lot of questions will arise as a result of reading the work. Trust me when I say that The Life Changer will get a lot of attention. You won’t be pleased with yourself if you keep failing questions because you refuse to consider the literature.
A Brief Summary of JAMB Recommended Novel 2022
Mr. Esquire’s arrival is awaited by a family of six. While they wait, Bint recounts her interaction with her overbearing Social Studies instructor, Mallam Salihu, who is notorious for acting as though he knows a little more about every subject by frequently asking questions that are unrelated to the topic at hand.
Bint describes how she handled a similar situation in such a way that the instructor was taken aback by the applauding and laughter of the other students.
Ummi is ecstatic with her daughter, particularly Bint’s astute response to challenges, and she joins in the conversation just as Omar enthusiastically announces his acceptance to Ahmadu Bello University to study law.
Like the family gathers to celebrate Omar’s victory, Omar brags about his accomplishment and takes pleasure in the fact that he was able to get admittance alone by conquering examination hurdles and a variety of other entry processes.